We are aware of an SMS phishing scam that is using the Linkt brand, the text is being sent to the general public, including people who may not have an account with Linkt.
Queensland Country Bank takes our Members security seriously. Cyber-criminals and Scammers are more advanced than they have ever been. This is a resource to help our Members remain vigilant and receive the latest news about how Queensland Country is proactively protecting Member security.
Following the recent Optus data breach, which resulted in the release of customers’ personal information, including name, date of birth, phone number, email address and possibly also identity document numbers such as driver’s licence, passport or Medicare numbers.
Following are some suggestions for protecting your personal information:
- Change passwords and enable two-factor identification for internet banking and other online accounts like email and social media.
- Consider activating biometric identification (such as fingerprint or facial recognition) on your smart phone.
- Monitor your accounts for unusual activity and contact us immediately if you detect any unauthorised transactions.
- Be alert to any emails, text messages or phone calls from people requesting personal or account information, payments of any kind, or remote access to devices. DO NOT click on any links, open attachments, download applications or respond to any requests until you have made your own enquiries with the organisation they claim to be from.
- If you receive a phone call from someone claiming to be from a financial institution (including Queensland Country Bank) you should advise that you will hang up and either visit a branch in person or return the call after verifying their phone number from an independent source.
Learn more about how to protect yourself from scams at scamwatch.gov.au and if you believe you may have been the victim of a scam, please contact us immediately for assistance.
The security of your money is our top priority, but you must also protect your internet banking passwords.
We monitor the security of your card 24/7 to protect you against fraud or unauthorised activity.
Protect yourself against scammers - sophisticated email and phone scams can result in losing your money. Find out how to stay alert.