Queensland Country Bank has been saddened to see the devastating impact of weather events across Queensland in recent weeks. We are aware that many of our Members have been sadly impacted by the cyclone damage and flooding as a result of Cyclone Jasper in FNQ, storm damage in SEQ and Cyclone Kirrily in the Townsville region. We are reaching out to impacted Members directly to ensure they receive as much support as possible.
We have a disaster support package available for Members affected by Cyclone Jasper, Cyclone Kirrily and the SEQ storms, which offers varying types of financial relief, including:
- Deferment of repayments on loans for up to three months
- Placing loans on an interest-only basis for a period of time
- Restructuring loans to reduce scheduled repayments
- No establishment fee on new personal loan applications lodged before 28 February 2024
- No break costs for Members with a fixed rate loan who use an insurance payment to pay out their loan
- Waiver of the usual interest rate reduction for early withdrawals from term deposits prior to maturity.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us on 1800 075 078 to discuss your circumstances and find out more about the support that might be available to you.
Our insurance partner, CGU Insurance, remains committed to assisting Members through this difficult time. Their claims hotline is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week by calling 13 24 80.
As a regionally-based health insurance fund, Queensland Country Health Fund acknowledges the significant impact recent flooding in Far North Queensland has had on some of the communities in which we operate. For information on Emergency Relief Package available to affected Members visit Queensland Country Health Fund's website.