Through tough times and the good, Queensland Country Bank are here to support Members when they need it most.
Our community is going through a tough time right now and we’re here to help.
We live, work and play in our local communities, so when hardship strikes, we are quick to react and offer support to help our Members and their communities get back on their feet sooner.
We’re able to offer support to Members directly affected by crisis in a number of ways to help ease the financial pressures caused by such events. While each event is different and every Member’s circumstances are considered individually, we have established an Emergency Assistance Package that is available in times of need. The package includes:
- Deferred repayments on loans for up to six months
- Placing loans on an interest-only basis for a period of time
- Restructuring loans to reduce scheduled repayments
- Waiving establishment fees on new personal loan applications lodged for a set period of time
- Waiving the usual interest rate reduction for early withdrawals from term deposits prior to maturity
- One month financial assistance on our health insurance products
- Debt consolidation to help make repayments more manageable
When the threat has passed our Community Volunteer Program provides the opportunity for staff to provide direct assistance to eligible non-for-profit community groups that need help with activities to get back up and running. The Community Volunteering Program allows every staff Member to take two days of paid leave each year to assist with community based activities.
Emergency Relief Packages
Who do I contact for Travel Insurance Claims?
If you need to make a claim under your insurance, simply call CGU Claims on 13 24 80 to make a paperless claim.
They’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Is my local branch still open?
Yes. All branches are currently operating as per normal trading hours.
I’ve got a loan that is due to settle soon. What should I do?
There is no need for you to do anything additional. Our Lending team are working as per usual and will be in contact with anything they require from you for your loan to settle on time.
What can I do to prepare?
Firstly, make sure you are following all advice given by the Department of Health. When it comes to accessing your money during a period of self-isolation, there are some additional steps you can take now to prepare as well. These are outlined below.
Register for Internet Banking
If you don’t already use internet banking, now is a good time to start. If you are already a Member of Queensland Country, you can register for internet banking by calling us on 1800 075 078 or, if you need to, visiting your local Queensland Country branch during business hours. Once registered, visit our website at www.queenslandcountry.bank and select “Login”.
With Internet Banking you can:
- Check your account balances
- View past transactions
- Transfer funds between your accounts, to other Queensland Country accounts or to accounts at other financial institutions
- Set up a PayID
- Set up scheduled transfers
- Pay bills using BPAY®
- Update your contact details
- Download copies of past statements
- Nominate to switch to electronic statements
- Adjust the order your accounts appear in, and choose which accounts you see
- Redraw from your eligible loan online
- Access your SmartBudget account and pay your nominated bills online
- International transfers
- And much more!
Get to know Internet Banking more with this useful guide.
Download the Mobile Banking App
Our mobile banking app is packed full of features - just like internet banking, you'll be able to access a whole range of services from the palm of your hand, plus an easier-to-use, more streamlined approach to viewing your balance, making a transfer or paying bills.
The app is available for both iOS devices and Android devices and can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
Your Queensland Country Bank Cards can be used through Apple Pay and Google Pay. Simply follow the prompts on your iPhone or Google compatible Android phone Wallet to start using contactless pay now. To find out more info see here.
Set up a PAYID
Transferring and receiving money using your PayID is instant when sending or receiving from one PayID enabled bank to another. So if you need money in a hurry, PayID is your best option. A PayID is a unique to you and linked to your chosen account.
Learn more about this instant payment type here.
Use SmartBudget through Internet Banking or Mobile App
Who do I contact if I need more help?
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak will affect all people differently. If you need someone to talk to, the following services are available: