Through tough times and the good, Queensland Country Bank are here to support Members when they need it most.
Our community is going through a tough time right now and we’re here to help.
We live, work and play in our local communities, so when hardship strikes, we are quick to react and offer support to help our Members and their communities get back on their feet sooner.
We’re able to offer support to Members directly affected by the Coronavirus pandemic in a number of ways to help ease the financial pressures Members are feeling at present. While every Member’s circumstances are considered individually, our Emergency Relief Package that is available in times of need and includes:
- Unsecured loans for small and medium businesses of up to $250,000 under the Federal Government’s Coronavirus Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Guarantee Scheme
- Deferred repayments on loans for up to six months. This includes Members who have borrowed to purchase investment properties who have been impacted by the Government moratorium on the eviction of tenants
- A one-off payment to cover the cost of any additional interest that may be charged while you are not making loan repayments. This means you won’t pay additional interest on the interest you accrue to your loan while repayments are paused. This one-off payment does not apply to loans written under the Coronavirus Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Guarantee Scheme.
- From March 2020, the Over Limit Fee on credit cards and overdrafts/lines of credit will be waived for six months.
- Placing loans on an interest-only basis for a period of time
- Restructuring loans to reduce scheduled repayments
- Waiving establishment fees on new personal loan applications lodged for a set period of time
- Debt consolidation to help make repayments more manageable
Transactors, savers and investors
- For six months from March 2020, Members who were previously receiving fee-free transactions on their All Access Account based on the receipt of at least $1,000 per month in salary credits will continue to have the $6 Monthly Service Fee waived , regardless of whether you meet the usual $1,000 salary credit requirement
- We are regularly reviewing our Special Term Deposit interest rates to ensure they remain competitive in the market.
- Waiving the usual interest rate reduction for early withdrawals from term deposits prior to maturity
Members with Health Insurance policies
- One month financial assistance on our health insurance products
- Premium rate increases due to take effect on 1 April 2020 have been delayed until 1 October 2020
When the threat has passed our Community Volunteer Program provides the opportunity for staff to provide direct assistance to eligible non-for-profit community groups that need help with activities to get back up and running. The Community Volunteering Program allows every staff Member to take two days of paid leave each year to assist with community based activities.
You can find out more by downloading our Coronavirus Member Communication document.
Emergency Relief Packages
Is my local branch still open?
Yes. All branches currently remain open for trade under their normal weekday opening hours. Saturday morning and Thursday night trade has temporarily ceased in branches that offered this service due to the pandemic. To check your local branch’s operating hours, visit the “Find Us” section of our website here.Our local contact centre is also available to assist you via phone if you do not wish to visit a branch.
Visiting a branch is becoming more difficult for me. How do I do my banking if I can’t visit a branch?
Queensland Country Bank offers a wide range of ways to access your money during during the pandemic. These include:
Card access on your accounts
We are seeing less cash being used as retailers start to limit purchases to card transactions only to avoid the need to touch cash. As such, having appropriate and current access cards on your account is of vital importance. Please let us know if you need a new or replacement card for your accounts.
Register for Internet Banking
If you don’t already use internet banking, now is a good time to start. If you are already a Member of Queensland Country, you can register for internet banking by calling us on 1800 075 078 or, if you need to, visiting your local Queensland Country branch during business hours. Once registered, visit our website at www.queenslandcountry.bank and select “Login”.
With Internet Banking you can:
- Check your account balances
- View past transactions
- Transfer funds between your accounts, to other Queensland Country accounts or to accounts at other financial institutions
- Set up a PayID
- Set up scheduled transfers
- Pay bills using BPAY®
- Update your contact details
- Download copies of past statements
- Nominate to switch to electronic statements
- Adjust the order your accounts appear in, and choose which accounts you see
- Redraw from your eligible loan online
- Access your SmartBudget account and pay your nominated bills online
- International transfers
- And much more!
Get to know Internet Banking more with this useful guide.
Our mobile banking app is packed full of features - just like internet banking, you'll be able to access a whole range of services from the palm of your hand, plus an easier-to-use, more streamlined approach to viewing your balance, making a transfer or paying bills.
The app is available for both iOS devices and Android devices and can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
Your Queensland Country Bank Cards can be used through Apple Pay and Google Pay. Simply follow the prompts on your iPhone or Google compatible Android phone Wallet to start using contactless pay now. To find out more info see here.
Transferring and receiving money using your PayID is instant when sending or receiving from one PayID enabled bank to another. So if you need money in a hurry, PayID is your best option. A PayID is a unique to you and linked to your chosen account.
Learn more about this instant payment type here.
Paying your scheduled bills with SmartBudget is as easy as logging in to Internet Banking or the Mobile Banking App. You will be able to view your agreement, see all upcoming bills, top up your rainy day balance, pay scheduled bills and more.
Is the increase to the contactless limit likely to become permanent?
The new $200 limit is a temporary measure in response to COVID-19. It is expected to apply for a three-month period, and will be extended if necessary, based on Government advice.
Does this apply to mobile payments and other wearables?
Members can continue to use mobile payments and other devices such as watches when purchasing essential goods. These forms of payment are another highly secure alternative.
Who do I contact for Travel Insurance Claims?
If you need to make a claim under your insurance, simply call CGU Claims on 13 24 80 to make a paperless claim.
They’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
I’ve got a loan that is due to settle soon. What should I do?
There is no need for you to do anything additional. Our Lending team are working as per usual and will be in contact with anything they require from you for your loan to settle on time.
Who do I contact if I need more help?
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak will affect all people differently. If you need someone to talk to, the following services are available: